Corner 8th Avenue And Alfred Ndzo Street Alexandra
The Norscot Manor Library is part of historical house of Norscot Manor building that was owned by Mr Eriksen family in the early 1935-1978. After the death of Mrs Eriksen the building was then sold to the Sandton Council and was officially opened and operated in 1998. Some would wonder why ‘Norscot’. The “Nor is Norway (Husband s home) and scort for Cotland (Wife s home) therefore the First three letters were combined to make Norscot.” During the transformation process of the town councils to local councils. Norscot Manor Rec and Library were placed within the Northern local council and falls within the community services cluster. The library used to be operated by only one librarian and it was opened from 14:00-18:00. Until the year 1990’s after Democracy,the library started to operate normally (09:00-17:00) Norscot Manor is well known with its attractions to the community with activities such as Art classes, Aikido, Bridge, Social clubs, domestics training, Judo, Karate, Pottery, Adult and kids ballets, language lessons, walk for life, yoga, creche secret, garden restuarant are held on a weekly basis.